The state of social advertising
Right now, RMA’s, job boards, and staffing agencies are facing several issues with their social media ads: they’re getting less clicks and views, and the quality of candidates applying through these ads is decreasing. This isn’t just a job advertising problem either, but a broader evolution: people expect more from brands and aren’t clicking just any ad. And when the usual channels aren’t working as expected anymore, something needs to change. But what?
Wonderkind has found some incredible new ways to get your job ads in front of the right pair of eyes. The solution is equal parts psychology and technology, and will get you the audience you want in no time. We’ll zoom in on one channels that we believe are essential in any social media ad campaign, and show you how you can do better… with or without our help. Read on to discover what we found!
How to improve your Facebook job ad performance
Let’s have a look at the biggest recruitm-, sorry, social media platform: Facebook. Even though the platform’s popularity seems to have waned slightly over the last few years, it is still a treasure trove of candidates. The audience here is non-receptive, in the sense that you’re putting the ads in front of users who aren’t necessarily looking for work or in the right mindset. What we know for sure though, is that the bulk of Facebook users are between 25 and 34 and that many of them are blue-collar workers, giving you a very distinct audience that you won’t find anywhere else. Of course, this calls for a tailored approach.
A common problem for companies advertising on Facebook is that your ad needs to link somewhere: a landing page or job ad, whatever it may be. Clicking this link however, will take the person who clicked away from Facebook in an effort to capture their information.
This is where the biggest drop-off occurs: many landing pages are poorly constructed, don’t align with the clicker’s expectations or use a different wording or branding than the ad. All of these can be triggers for your lead to click away, and it’s very hard to measure the true cause of why they left. Your campaign becomes less effective and you learn nothing about your visitor.
The new way to convert: Facebook Lead Form
An interesting new tool you can use to solve this problem is the so-called Facebook Lead Form. Here’s how it works!
Facebook now offers a platform-native form that you can attach to your campaigns for people to fill. Anyone who clicks on your ad will not be led away from the platform, but will get a simple form to fill while staying on Facebook. On the form are a few simple questions, to leave their name and e-mail for instance, or to upload only their CV, simple actions that don’t take too much effort. Many of their details will be pre-filled into the form because Facebook already knows them (like name and e-mail), making a click the only action they need to take to share it with you. The forms work exactly the same on mobile and on desktop.
This removes a significant barrier, both psychologically and practically. After all, internet users have become apprehensive and have a short attention span. If too much effort is required, your audience will simply click away and forget about it.
The only action required from your side is to choose the information you need: name, e-mail address, phone number, or perhaps a short introduction of who they are? It’s all possible, but don’t overdo it! The less you ask of people, the better. After this you simply set up your ad campaign the way you’re used to and watch the applications roll in.
So, to recap, here are the benefits of using Lead ads:
- Native functionality within Facebook,
- Easy to set up and easy to understand for your target,
- Highly targeted thanks to Facebook’s enormous data collection,
- Works on mobile too.
These are some of the basics about Facebook Lead Form and what it can mean for your job ad campaigns. Let’s dive a little deeper and have a look at some of our own experiences with this new functionality.
Tips from the Wonderkind team
Wonderkind has been working with Facebook Lead Form for a while now, and we’ve collected some learnings that may be valuable for you when setting up your own campaign. A few extra tips from our team:
- Make sure that people know what they’re signing up for. Include as much information as you can in the form and in the ad, and provide one clear CTA. Providing clarity during every stage of the process will help convert clickers into applicants. After all, would you give out your personal information for just anything?
- Make your form as easy to fill as possible: you’ll find you can add up to 10 open questions, but asking zero questions will get you much better results. If your message and CTA are clear, uploading a CV or providing an e-mail address may be the only actions left for applicants, and that’s okay! We understand that it’s nice to know more, but you’ll get more responses if you keep your demands minimal.
- Think about how you’re going to follow up on all these leads, make a plan beforehand. Based on what we’re seeing, you’ll be getting a serious amount of applications, and these are all leads that require further contacting via phone or e-mail. You’ll have to think about this workload in advance!
- A drawback to this system is that there’s no default connection with your own ATS. The Lead Form is quite new and the options to automate or connect to other systems are still limited.
Of course now you’d like to know how to set these up! Here’s a comprehensive guide if you feel like doing it yourself… but we’d also like to offer you a better way.
Scaling it up with Talent Attraction Technology
Lead Forms aren’t very scalable yet: launching a campaign with 10 different forms takes a lot of time to set up and requires your full attention. Wonderkind’s Talent Attraction Technology offers you the option of running as many campaigns as you want, all simultaneously and activated with the push of a button. We’ve integrated our technology with Facebook’s API, offering you the option of running fully automated Lead Form campaigns.
We’ll take care of your job ads from A to Z: starting with the job ad text, adding a relevant and effective visual, and collecting all of those new leads in a handy dashboard that shows you everything you need to know. Are you ready to start using Lead Forms to improve your Facebook job ad performance? Then contact us for a demo!